Thursday, March 20, 2008

Being the best... a tempest?



I've never been the best. Never. And by being the best, I mean a topper. You know, this One person who gets the best marks, and surpasses evrybody in marks. AT SCHOOL (thats an important point to remember)

So yeah. I've never been a topper. EVER. Sometimes, I just feel sad that the grey matter inside my head isnt that grey :, and sometimes I'm like totally indifferent. Theres this topper in my school. Lets jus call her T. T is the perfect example of a slogger... she slogs day in and day out coz she believes in one thing: That jus coz shes studying Right now, she'll get great results, and then enjoy in life, later. I think this belief is basically FLAWED. I have a reason too, but everyones got their own way of looking at things, so you May disagree.



You see, if she has spent her adolescent life, or atleast three fourths of it slogging and being pre occupied with the notion that getting marks abd straight A's are the only things that COUNT, she'll basically have the same notion Engraved in her head. Always. Maybe one or two lucky people have managed to change and adjust. I say 'adjust', coz it takes a lot to change yer current way of thinking and doing things. Maybe T's gonna be lucky too, and I hope so with all my heart. Honestly.

The bottom line is, the way you think TODAY is influenced by the past. So the way she thinks after probably 10-15 years will have been influenced by her past - her adolescence. Childhood isn't counted; how many of you remember fourth grade clearly? Or even sixth grade, for that matter?



By taking her example, I want to reflect upon what it is like... being the 'best'. And I dont think I'd ever want to be T. Coz I feel VERY sorry for her. This MAY sound prejudiced, but its true. I feel sorry for her. Coz she's not enjoying life. And she never will. Because
the road to hell is paved with good intentions.  


Of what use is passing some test..
just to be called the best?
Lifes supposed to be spent in zest
and not unrest.



I'm simply proud of the fact that I'm not The Best. Coz sometimes, its just better that way. :)




1 comments:

Quaintzy Patchez said...

eh?

as if there's a thing called best? :O

;) well.... nice blog, i liked it :)


neeyhgy!