Sunday, March 23, 2008

My Inspiration!

I started this blog just a few days ago. I've never actually thought about blogging... coz I have a preconceived notion in my head that the way I write is boring and all.

Note: I dont mean to imply the contrary by saying that, nor do I wanna indicate that my style of writing is bad. :D

Well... there's a WHOLE story behind that preconceived notion.

When I was in 9th grade, my (new) english teacher started telling me that the way I write is PATHETIC and that I'm Never gonna get marks if I write the way I do. That left me all dejected, but I simply continued writing the way I did. I consequently started gettin bad marks and all. Stuff like 60-something outta 100 and all. It... it made me wanna stab myself... and I TOTALLY stopped writing, readin, everything.

I also used to read a lot of books. My teacher encouraged me to Stop all that, and concentrate on stuff like active and passive voice and direct and indirect speech and the past perfect tense... and blah. Stuff :I HONESTLY Dont mean to sound prejudiced... but I cant help it. :(

LOL... okay, that was the sad part ^^. I HATE my teacher, and I gradually lost my love for the language because of her telling me that I can Never do well if I write the way I do. Which IS true, but the good part is... that there was this ONE person who actually ENCOURAGED me... to write. I have actually started writing poems and all (which I left in 9th grade, btw)... I feel SOO thankful to that ONE person... jus coz she made me believe in myself. Telling me that everyone has their own way of writing and it wasnt necessary that that you HAVTA write the conventional way to get marks. and ALSO (implicitly) that marks arent the only things in life

Thanks Vivienne. =)
She's the Solace... of EVERYTHING for me.
Yer the best! =)

0 comments: